Friday, May 23, 2008

Living with boys

Today I made the mistake of not looking before sitting in the bathroom. My house is full of men: Matt the BabyDaddy, young Jonas, Brien the housemate, and Chester the un-castrated dog. Do I not have enough testosterone in my life? You'd think after all this time, I might learn to look before I plant my derriere, but as I sat on the toilet this afternoon, I felt my rear contact some rather *cold* and probably filthy porcelain, and almost fell through the toilet bowl. Ew! Maybe if there were another set of ovaries in the house, I might get the seat down some time, some day? I don't understand men: why do they make lids for toilets if you're supposed to leave the seat up? The world may never know...

6 comments:

PAC said...

LOL! I hate it when that happens! Boys!

Lauren Alexander said...

Ick! That is not a fun way to start a day :-(

SpinachNPeace said...

i grew up with a dirty brother. we shared a bathroom. now years later, i still cant shake the habit of checking before i sit down!

woolies said...

yeah, nothing but boys around here too. And why do they have to go anywhere NEAR my bathroom???
:0(

Rosebud Collection said...

Now that was a shock for you..Since my husband was the only male in the place..he was very aware of the toilet seat.

Looking Glass Jewels said...

Oh no! Your poor butt!

I am lucky, MrJewels is always great about putting the lid down (thank goodness). But I remember when I lived with my brother and sat in the nasty toilet bowl more than once. I still feel dirty.